Please visit me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NettyCosplay
Work in Progess 7 - Shakokai (Sailor Moon Youma S1Ep37)
Shells, foam rubber 2mm yellow, modelling clay, stryofoam
HOW TO MAKE MANY SAME SHELLS / HOW TO FORM FOAM RUBBER
- cut a shell shape out from styrofoam (or something else)
- get the shell in shape with a cutter
- sand the surface with sandpaper (120-400)
- draw grooves
- cut the grooves roughly with a cutter
- use sandpaper to sand the grooves and the shape of the shell till it's perfect.
- take some air-drying modeling clay
- put the modeling clay in a thick layer over the carved shell and press it till you think every groove is completly covered with clay.
- after complete drying take the shell out of the clay. Now you have a negative form and a positive form.
- cut foam rubber in square
- heat the negative form with a hot air blower (250 ° C) for about 1 min.
- put the foam rubber-square over the negative shell and heat it a bit (125 ° C, 5sec)
- put the styrofoam shell quickly and exactly down in the negative form (you need to work very quickly!!) with the foam rubber between
- press it together
- after about 20sec take your foam rubber out
- cut out your formed foam rubber shells at the edge.
- paint the grooves with a marker, so you get more visual depth
Please see also:
Body: Shakokai WIP 1 - body
Neck corset: Shakokai WIP 2 - neck corset
Corset: Shakokai WIP 3 - corset
Skirt: Shakokai WIP 4 - skirt HOW TO
Head: Shakokai WIP 5 - head
Jewelry: Shakokai WIP 6 - jewelry
Shells: Shakokai WIP 7 - shells HOW TO